The Arizona Department of Housing (ADOH), in partnership with the Arizona Home Foreclosure Prevention Funding Corporation (AHFPFC), provides down payment assistance to qualified homebuyers purchasing a primary residence in 26 targeted zip codes in 12 Arizona Cities. Pathway assistance is an incentive to purchase in targeted housing markets that have been hardest-hit by foreclosures.
The Pathway to Purchase (P2P) Down Payment Assistance Program provides an attractive 30-year fixed-rate mortgage with a Down Payment Assistance (DPA) second mortgage equal to * 10% of the purchase price. The DPA second mortgage is a five–year forgivable lien against the subject property at a 0% interest rate and no required monthly payments. The down payment assistance (DPA) can be used toward the down payment and/or closing costs. DPA is only available in conjunction with a P2P first mortgage and is funded by the AHFPFC at the mortgage loan closing.
- Mortgage for the purchase of an Owner occupied, Primary Residences in targeted areas.
- Borrower(s) Income not to exceed Freddie Mac FHA Advantage ≤ 80% AMI.
- Purchase Price limit not to exceed $439,860.00.
- Existing, previously occupied properties only, new construction, including spec homes are not allowed.
- The DPA provided is 10% of the purchase price * up to a maximum of $20,000.
- Freddie Mac HFA Advantage mortgage only.
- The P2P Program is strictly limited to the targeted zip codes in the following cities: (see target area table for specific zip codes).
- Bull Head City, Casa Grande, Glendale, Green Valley, Kingman, Phoenix, Rio Rico, Sahuarita, Sierra Vista, Tucson, Vail, Yuma.
- Each borrower must complete a homebuyer education course before closing.